All play in the FJGA is conducted under the United States Golf Association Rules of Golf. Players are expected to familiarize themselves with the rules of golf. Players are also expected to learn the standards of golf etiquette which are contained in the rule book.
PARENTS: PLEASE HELP YOUR CHILD LEARN THESE RULES.
Many supervisors volunteer their time and golf course owners give up their courses each week so that youngsters in FJGA can play golf. Players are to show respect to the supervisors, golf courses, and golf course staff. Inappropriate behavior or language will not be tolerated and will result in suspension from the program. Following are the program policies:
- Players must arrive at the course and report to their supervisor at least 15 minutes before their scheduled tee time.
- Caddies and/or automotive golf carts are not allowed.
- Friends, parents, or family members may not accompany players on the course. (Note the exception under "5-Hole Parents.")
- Players may be disqualified for using inappropriate language, throwing clubs, swearing, smoking, or having any illegal substance.
- There are no "gimmies"--players must putt out on all putts.
- Players must review their scorecard with their fellow competitors and their supervisor after the round and must sign a correct scorecard.
- Players may not leave the course without completing the round and signing the scorecard unless they have permission from their supervisor. Penalty will be one week's suspension from play.
Policy on Cheating
Cheating will not be tolerated. If cheating is discovered or suspected, a parent conference will be held. Any further instances of cheating will result in suspension from the program. Players should report cheating to their supervisor. In addition, as the policy above states, players should review their scorecard with their fellow competitors and supervisor and sign the card only if all scores are correct.
We must have an adult walker (this could be a grandparent or family friend) accompany each group of 5-hole players--to ensure safety and to keep score. We do not allow a parent to walk with his or her own child, but the supervisor will place a parent in a group immediately before or after their child's group. Please do not just drop off your 5-hole player at the course--we count on your participation!
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All cancellations and refund request must be received 48 hours before the start of the event. Registration refunds are subject to a $15 cancellation fee for materials and administrative processes. No refunds will be made after the FJGA Summer Golf Program begins. Please allow two weeks for refund processing.